The Technology Intern is an exciting role for undergraduate university students that will help them gain exposure to the world of technology in an innovation focused company and play a role in shaping their future career. The individual will work within a team delivering the company’s products and customer propositions in the field of digital technologies including software development, data science and artificial intelligence. The position will involve working closely with Delivery Manager, Business Analysts, Technical Architects, Developers, and related teams.
Invenics is an Innovation focused company. We help our clients throughout their innovation lifecycle right from the initial concept stage to the exploitation and/or commercialisation stages. We help their projects reach full fruition by assisting them to access appropriate funding from various sources. We also help them bring their project ideas to life by providing specialist technical expertise through both technology consulting and product development assistance. Please visit www.invenics.com for a more detailed overview about the company.
- Writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing, and supporting applications using programming languages, coding techniques and development tools.
- Engaging with the company’s customers to capture technical requirements and prepare initial technical solutions to solve their problems, under the guidance of the Technical Lead or Mentor.
- Work on tasks assigned by the leads/Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) of the various service lines, namely Consulting, Product Development and Innovation Incentives.
- Research into emerging digital technologies and how they can be applied to build innovative data solutions to resolve complex business challenges
- Strong academic record including current enrolment in an Undergraduate STEM degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent field). Candidates should be available to take up the internship as a placement year immediately before their final year of degree.
- Good grades in Science and Mathematics at GCSE and A Levels
- A good level of technical knowledge with an in-depth understanding of at least one programming language is important. Preferred language is Python, although experience with other languages will also be considered.
- Understanding of Databases, Computer Architecture, System Design, Cloud Technologies etc. is an add-on
- Basic understanding of Software Development Methodologies like Scrum, Kanban etc.
- Good numerical and reasoning skills.
- Excellent communication skills (including presentation and business writing).
- Moderate proficiency in MS tools primarily Excel and PowerPoint.
- A logical approach to problem solving and willingness to take responsibility and have a pragmatic, goal-oriented approach.
- Self-starting and can work pro-actively within a larger team.
- Strong interest in learning and developing with emerging technologies demonstrated through self-initiated projects.
A unique role in a dynamic environment, the opportunity to work in a strong Research and Development setup aiming to establish a data-led AI company, under the guidance of a dedicated mentor. Due to the nature of the role, there is also scope for significant learning around new and emerging areas of technical innovation and exploring work performed within the various service lines, all the time.
Invenics are committed to putting the well-being of our employees, both permanent and temporary, at the forefront of our journey. Therefore, we have a number of perks and benefits that we ensure our employees have access to:
- Competitive Salary
- 25 Days Annual Leave (pro-rated)
- Flexible Working
- Team Days Out
- Opportunity to work across teams based on your area of interest
- Permanent Employment offer (based on Internship performance)
Travel might be required within the UK to engage with the customers in relation to the technical work.
To apply please send us a copy of your CV with a brief cover note by email either through your university’s placement co-ordinator or directly to email@example.com