R&D plays a central role in boosting economic growth, job creation, industrial competitiveness, environmental protection as well as advancing human knowledge and well-being. Accordingly, governments, companies and nonprofit organisations around the world have been making substantial investments in R&D, and most countries' incentives policies are continuously being fine-tuned, aiming to become more attractive for R&D investments.
While the core basis of R&D incentives is similar across jurisdictions, with the purpose of rewarding claimants for undertaking R&D via cash injections or reduction of tax liabilities, there are differences in terms of qualifying elements and application procedures. Without knowing the details of incentives schemes in different regions, it could be hard to maximise your funding opportunities. Besides, setting up an overseas R&D practice may involve numerous logistics/administrative challenges, which adds further complication to your decision making and global Innovation roadmap planning.
We provide end-to-end services to help you identify, understand and prioritise the right incentives for your organisation.
- Phase 1: Getting to know your businessEach incentive scheme must be considered in the context of the investment and Innovation lifecycle to achieve the full financial and commercial benefits. So as a first step, we will arrange a meeting with you to understand more about your innovation plan, what stage you are at, and your preference for location selection, etc.
- Phase 2: Providing you the optimal incentives planWe will come up with an incentives plan tailored to your needs, and we will go through the details of our service offerings and the associated approach.
- Phase 3: We do the work and you receive the benefitOnce you have confirmed what level of assistance you need from us, we will proceed with the project and complete it within the agreed timeline to help you secure your incentives benefit/achieve global innovation expansion.
Our service offering
We are able to help you understand the dynamic landscape of government incentives across the world and how it may impact your Innovation Investment strategy. By providing Integrated technical and financial expertise, we are able to support you particularly on the following:
Provide advice on key topics to help you select suitable locations to create growth and sustainability
- Provide advice on selection of R&D location
- Help you structure your innovation roadmap to maximise your future growth
Strategic Location Service
Assist you with company setup and staff relocation.
Tax Relief Assistance
Help you secure the following innovation incentives in the relevant countries:
- R&D Tax Credits
- R&D Allowances R&D related grants
- R&D related grants
- Creative Industry tax relief
Legislative Advice & Updates
Help you understand the potential Impact of the latest changes in legislation on your claims and applications.
Krishnan heads Innovation Incentives and Technology as a Partner at Invenics and is one of the most experienced R&D Tax Credits advisers in the UK with a track record spanning across 14 years in this field and over 20 years overall in the IT sector. Krishnan has led over 300 client engagements to help secure over £5 Billion of qualifying R&D expenditures in the UK.
Krishnan has a strong academic record and holds an Integrated Master’s degree in Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai.
Souvik heads Innovation Incentives & Product operations in the UK. He is a versatile professional with a successful track record of over 10 years in the Innovation Incentives space and over 12 years overall in UK technology landscape with 360 degree innovation strategy. He has a background in Computer Science Engineering with MSc. Information Systems Management from the University of Sheffield. Souvik is an ex-Disruptive Technologies lead with 9 years of experience at Deloitte UK.
Souvik has led over 200 client engagements ranging from start-ups to FTSE 100 which includes some of the very big names in the industry, while successfully generating and securing over £1 Billion qualifying R&D expenditure. Souvik’s experience also includes managing the delivery of emerging AI and Digital solutions, product development and client strategy, specifically focusing on end-to-end lifecycle planning, commercials, launches and operations.
Carrie is a Tax & Finance Senior Manager in the UK specialising in Innovation Incentives with an excellent track record in delivering over 300 R&D Tax Credits claims in the UK. Carrie is an ex-Deloitte professional who was responsible for the end to end delivery of the R&D claims and managing the client relationship together with providing sales support. She has spent almost 10 years working with a range of clients from small start-ups to some of the largest companies. Carrie has a background in Life Science, where she completed her PhD in Pharmacology from UCL and held a postdoctoral research position for over 3 years at UCL, including working as a scientist at a pharmaceutical company for new drug discovery.